Preliminary -- The Things I'm Carrying, in Video Form

In Book II of the Iliad, Homer (let's just call the author that) enumerates the forces that sailed from Greece to lay siege on Troy, and then does a similar, smaller listing of the Trojan force. The "Catalogue of Ships," as it's known, stops the forward momentum of the epic to make sure the reader understands the scene on the plains outside Troy. At the same time, it establishes a great deal about the power dynamics at play, and provides us greater insight into the characters involved. Sometimes, what (or who) you own can speak volumes about who you are. In that spirit, but with none of the grandeur, I'm making a list of all the things I kept when I left my apartment and, more to the point, all the things I am taking to Prague with me.

The first category is things I'm keeping but not taking. This includes about a hundred books, mostly from my time at St. John's; a Johnnie chair, a college graduation present from my mother; various small items of sentimental value; and my Tom Baker Doctor Who scarf. These were distributed to various friends, partly for safekeeping, and partly to make sure I see them, both the items and the friends, when I eventually return stateside.

More interesting (?) is what I chose to keep and what will be coming with me on my journey to Prague. Below are three videos, covering media, books, and sentiment:

First, DVDs (far too long):


Next, books (still too long):


And lastly, items of largely sentimental value (about right):



Well, now you know pretty much every non-apparel material thing I will be taking with me to Prague. Maybe not the most useful information ever, but I had to learn how to make basic videos somehow, and this was as good a method as any. At least, I hope it gave an insight into who am I and the tone this project may take.

Speaking of which... I have a Patreon! If there is demand, I can add additional lower (or medium) levels or additional rewards. What would *you* want to see from the Prague Blog project? And thanks to everyone who has pledged so far! I will be doing my first bit of "official" Patreon content on October 1st, so there's still time to be a charter Patron...or something.

Next time, the things I'm leaving behind! Fun! 

Comments

Popular Posts